It can be hard to know the difference between age-related change and Alzheimer’s disease. Your Brain Matters: Don’t ignore the warning signs! If you or someone you care for is experiencing any of these signs; contact the Alzheimer’s Association Helpline at 1-800-272-3900
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life.
- Challenges in planning or solving problems.
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, work or at leisure.
- Confusion with time or place.
- Trouble understanding visual images and spacial relationships.
- New problems with words in speaking or writing.
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps.
- Decreased or poor judgment.
- Withdrawal from work or social activities.
- Changes in mood and personality.
by Nelda Redfield